Sunday, January 06, 2013

One Little Word: Still Narrowing

I told you that I hoped to narrow my one little word down a bit more, and I really have been working on it. This has not been such a hard task in years past, but for some reason this year I am struggling a lot. I think it has a lot to do with my expectations for the year and the fact that I am starting to already feel overwhelmed. The good news is that I have gotten it narrowed down by a lot though!

Here is my current list:


1.      Better- To a greater degree; more completely or thoroughly; more. To increase the good qualities of; improve upon; surpass; succeed.
2.      Climb- to rise slowly by or as if by continued effort. To ascend or rise. To rise to a higher point or intensity.
3.      Develop- To bring out the capabilities or possibilities of; bring to a more advanced or effective state. To cause to grow or expand. To bring into being or activity.
4.      Evolution- Any process of formation or growth; development. A gradual development especially to a more complex form.
5.      Interabang- A printed punctuation mark designed to combine the question mark and the exclamation point, indicating a mixture of query and interjection.
6.      Meraki- Greek for doing something with soul, creativity, or love – when you put “something of yourself” into what you are doing, whatever it may be.
7.      Move- To advance or progress. To change from one place or position to another. To prompt, actuate, or impel to some action. To arouse or excite the feelings or passions of; effect with emotion. An action toward an objective or goal. Busy; active.
8.      Novaturient- Desiring or seeking powerful change in one’s life, behavior, or situation. Desiring changes or alterations.
Can you see where I am going with this? I am hoping for a year full of energy and motivation. I am hoping for a year where all I want is to act and do. I want a year of busyness, fun, and creativity. I want to inspire myself and keep moving forward no matter how tired I am. I want to push my limits this year!


 I guess what I really need to do though is begin! I am starting to think that beginning might be the scariest part of my whole year. Once I've begun, I am inviting possibility into my life. With possibility comes so many things: the possibility to succeed, the possibility to fail, to stumble, to fall, to get going, to make things happen, to discover new things, to be happy, to be hurt...etc, etc.! 
Alright, alright! No more excuses! It's time to get going. I will have my One Little Word tomorrow!

Loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am delighted that you are taking the time to give your feedback! I do try to send you back a message, but please do not be sad if I do not get to it for a few days. Thank you for your support!